This fruity version of classic coleslaw is perfect for anyone who likes their coleslaw slightly sweet or finds onion a bit overpowering. It is great with burgers, BBQ ribs, jacket potatoes and even in sandwiches and wraps. You can try out other ingredient combinations too; how about grape and grated courgette or tomato and pumpkin seed coleslaw?
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: None
Number of servings: Serves 4-6
Serving suggestions: Serve in a sandwich or with jacket potatoes and salad.
- Wash the fruit and vegetables
- Remove the hard stem of the cabbage and finely shred
- Peel and grate the carrot
- Slice the celery
- Peel and grate the apple (leaving the core)
- Place prepared fruit and vegetables into the bowl. Add any of the optional items you chose like sultanas or pumpkin seeds
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mixing well together
- Store in the fridge until needed in a covered plastic tub or cover the bowl with cling film
- This is best used on the same day but will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Cook it!